Monday, 22nd September 2014

NetWORK

Scholarship Grants Available for Graduate Studies

1 views

03 Feb 2011 Print This Post Print This Post

The Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) Committee of the Philippines is now accepting applications for scholarship grants under its Enhancement Training Sponsorship Project (ETSP). The ETSP is a program funded by Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) participants who are undertaking alternative arrangements in lieu of the two-year home country residency requirement of the EVP. The project allots a maximum of US$1,500 per scholar, per course, with the funding being released at the beginning of each term. The ETSP is one of the efforts of the government to enhance the skills pool of the Philippines while allowing Filipino professionals to find better income overseas to support their families.

The scholarship fund used for the ETSP goes to qualified professionals who seek to pursue graduate and postgraduate studies in the fields included in the Skills List for the Philippines. The Skills List is a directory of skills that are in short supply of practitioners in the Philippines and, therefore, very much needed. An ETSP scholarship applicant must possess the following qualifications:

• Must be a Filipino citizen;
    • Must have completed a four-year bachelor’s degree (for Masters Degree and Training Program) or Masters Degree (for PhD program applicant);
    • Must be of good moral character, as attested by the last school attended or present employer;
    • Must have satisfactory undergraduate grades particularly in subjects under his/her field of study; and
    • Must have a field of expertise or seek graduate education in a field that is included in the current Skills List of the Philippines.

The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), the Secretariat of the EVP Committee, is designated as the fund manager of the grants under the ETSP. At present, available slots are only for teachers seeking to enroll for a new program in General Science, Physical Science, Math and Special Education. We also have slots for Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Speech Pathology (Language and Hearing).

To apply, interested applicants may submit the following requirements:

• Certified true copy of the Bachelor’s Degree Transcript of Records;
    • Photocopy of Proof of Income;
    • Photocopy of Authority to Enroll/Certificate of Registration (whichever is applicable);
    • Original copy of Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the last school attended or present employer;
    • Photocopy of Course Prospectus; and
    • Original copy of updated curriculum vitae with passport-size photo.

Please note that the ETSP is only applicable for applicants who wish to pursue their studies in the Philippines and not overseas. We also do not encourage the scholars to apply for a work abroad after the completion of their studies.

Send all application documents to:
    Secretary Imelda M. Nicolas
    Commission on Filipinos Overseas
    EVP Committee Secretariat
    Citigold Center, 1345 Quirino Avenue
    corner Osmeña Highway 1007, Manila

For clarification, please contact Ms. Kristine M. Domagas at telephone numbers (632) 561-8321 local 301/401 and 561-8327, facsimile number (632) 561-8332, or e-mail address, info@cfo.gov.ph

EdgeWise.PH is an online magazine offering career development advice and articles for college students and is not involved in this opportunity or associated with its organizers. Queries and submissions should be directed to the appropriate contact e-mail address or phone number in the article above.

1 views

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

36 Responses to “Scholarship Grants Available for Graduate Studies”

1. Fatty Mae A. Sangkula 27 February 2011 at 11:34 pm #

Madame, Good Day! i would like to avail the the said program.. please help me and instruct me what to do..I’m an elementary teacher at talon talon elementary school, Zamboanga City.I’m a graduate of Bachelor in elementary education with an area of specialization. General science at Saint Columban college, Pagadian city.

• EditorMina 2 March 2011 at 12:53 pm #

Hi, Ms. Sangkula! Best way is to call Ms. Domagas at the number provided above, so you can get answers about your specific situation. Thanks for leaving a comment!

2. Vicky Lou D. Origenes 12 May 2011 at 6:28 pm #

Ma’am good day.
      Can I still apply even though I already have masters unit? I am currently enrolled in MSciEd Sec. Math program at Mindanao State University.

• dandi 12 May 2011 at 9:51 pm #

Hello, Ms. Origenes. It would be best if you contacted Ms. Kristine M. Domagas with the details from the end of the press release.

3. Lisa Navales 14 August 2011 at 5:13 pm #

Maam:

Good day!

When is the deadline of submission of requirements?

4. flordeliza navidad 17 October 2011 at 4:54 pm #

Ms. Kristine M. Domagas

Madam,
      Good day!
      This is Mrs. Flordeliza C. Navidad, grade 1 teacher at Inayawan Elementary School, District 7 -South ,Division of Cebu City , Cebu City, Philippines for almost 11 years now.

I would like to apply for a scholarship grant under the Enhancement Training Sponsorship Project(ETSP) Of the Exchange Visitor Program.

I am very much willing to enroll my graduate studies on special education this 2nd semester S.Y. 2011 -20012 to upgrade my professionalism so that I can serve and teach well in public school.

Please send me more information on how to apply .I’m expecting so much response and help from you.
      Thanks and God Bless.

Respectfully yours,
      Flordeliza C. Navidad

• Editor Tania 24 October 2011 at 4:30 pm #

Hi Ms. Natividad. Please forward your application to the email address found in the article. Edgewise.PH is not affiliated with EVP Committee, so we cannot accept applications posted on this page. Good luck!

5. Diana Pagao 28 November 2011 at 6:54 pm #

Ma’am,

Good day!

I would like to know if the said scholarship accepts Nursing graduate who wants to enroll in the Special Education Program.

Thank you and God bless.

Sincerely,

Diana Pagao

• Editor Tania 19 April 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Hi Ms. Pagao. Please forward your inquiry to the email address found in the article. Edgewise.PH is not affiliated with EVP Committee, so we cannot answer your inquries.

6. yash 19 April 2012 at 3:25 pm #

Good afternoon Mam.
      I want to ask if this program is still accepting applicants for the scholarship.
      Thank you. God bless.

• Editor Tania 19 April 2012 at 3:44 pm #

Hi Yash. Please ask Ms. Kristine M. Domagas whose email address and contact numbers are found in the article. Edgewise.PH is not affiliated with EVP Committee, therefore we cannot speak for them.

7. Phobegail R. Ramos 12 May 2012 at 1:33 pm #

Good day mam. I just want to apply for the scholarship program. I am a newly graduate and I want to study Medicine. Could you please help me and Instruct me what to do.. thank you very much and have a nice day.

• unknown 17 May 2012 at 5:15 pm #

ako din gusto q mag med… kaya lang work muna… tapos mag m.s biology ako… tapos mag med na ako.. close tau? sorry adik lng.. haha!

8. cathy 4 June 2012 at 11:42 am #

Gud day maam!
      Do you have any offered course pertaining to public administration? tnx!

9. Jennifer O. Cadiz 17 August 2012 at 11:08 pm #

gud pm. May I know how to apply for the said scholarship grant? Thanks.

10. Elaine Balaquit 3 September 2012 at 1:02 pm #

This is a great opp0rtunity for us who can’t enroll for masteral degree.. I would like to grab a sl0t for MD..Thanks for the chance. I’m just hoping that i will be qualified..hehe..thanks again and God Bless us all!

11. Michael V. Mangoba 21 September 2012 at 12:20 pm #

Good Day Maam!
      I just want to apply for the scholarship program.I am a first year teacher here at pampanga and I really want to enroll myself for Masteral. What are the requirements for me to avail one slot for the scholarship?…thank you very much and have a nice day.

12. Abul Khayr S. Malogka 26 September 2012 at 4:53 pm #

hi! greetings of peace! are there any slots available for master’s degree? as i look at the qualifications i think i am very much qualified to become a competent applicant for the said program!

13. Emelie D. Linsahay 21 October 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Good afternoon Mam. I am Mrs. Emelie D. Linsahay. I am an Elementary School Teacher at the DepEd in the Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon, Mindanao. I would like to inquire if this scholarship program is still accepting new applicants for 2012-2013? Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you. God bless.

14. Mary Cris Lao 13 November 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Good evening mam,i just read ur program,it really caught my attention coz im planning for my masters degree,im a grade six science teacher here in davao. I just want to
      clarify f the email posted above info@cfo.gov.ph s the email where we will send our application.can we apply through online application?

15. Cathleen C. Mabulay 25 November 2012 at 3:32 pm #

Good day Ma’am! I am currently employed as a teacher and a graduate Preschool Education. I am very interested to pursue a Masters Degree in my area of concentration. Unfortunately for me, I noticed that my major is not stated in this site as an available slot. May I still apply?
      If yes, may I know the deadline on the submission of requirements?
      Thank you!

16. Diana Quinto 5 January 2013 at 12:46 pm #

Hi Ma’am, is your program still open? :)

17. renantesoriano13@yahoo.com 26 February 2013 at 4:34 pm #

Good day!
      I’ m Mr. Renante R. Soriano, a graduate of M.A. in Educational Management, If OTR is not yet available, will certificate of grades be honored? thnx.
      Good Bless you and your office!

18. Riza R. Estrera 24 April 2013 at 12:45 pm #

Mam, just inquire if this program is still open up to this time cause I am interested to apply. I’m a secondary science teacher at GCCNHS, Gingoog City, Mindanao

19. Luel Mae P Contreras 21 May 2013 at 1:57 pm #

I would like to apply for a scholarship help for a PhD in Psychology. Please advise, thank you and God bless…

• Luel Mae P Contreras 21 May 2013 at 1:59 pm #

I am a teacher in Psychology from Cagayan de Oro City.

20. Ronaldo Ongotan 7 June 2013 at 10:08 pm #

Good evening Sir/Madam I would like to apply for scholarship this coming second semester for Masteral… Godbless

21. CJ 17 July 2013 at 8:28 pm #

Hi, is this program still open until 2013-2014 or 2014-2015? thanks.

22. Mary Grace Yanga 26 July 2013 at 4:37 pm #

Good day! Is the program still available for this school year? Thank you and God Bless.

23. Riema 18 September 2013 at 10:54 am #

Good day. I’m a graduating student, BS BSE major in Biology and i would like to ask if I could already apply for the masters scholarship. Thank you

24. Wilfredo Santos III 13 November 2013 at 4:46 pm #

Good day.

Where is the Skills List? If there is an opportunity, I would like to have a master degree in Business Administration. Do you offer it here?

Thank you.

25. Manny Garcia 22 November 2013 at 3:54 pm #

Sir/ Madam,

Good day!

I would like to inquire for the course of PhD in Business Administration and/or Phd in Management it is available in your program
      Hoping your favorable response

Thank you.
      Manny Garcia, RME, BSBA, MBA

26. Rolly San Gabriel 13 April 2014 at 9:08 pm #

Hi would it be alright to submit the requirements personally?

27. ranell engay 15 May 2014 at 12:06 pm #

Good day, I’m mr.Ranell Engay a science techer from gubat, sorsogonn and wishes to apply for postgraduate studies.

28. ranell engay 15 May 2014 at 12:07 pm #

i want to ask if it is still open for academic year 2014-2015?

29. Marites D. Antonio 24 August 2014 at 7:18 pm #

Good Day! I want to make an inquiry about the schedule of filing an application for the Scholarship grants, I am so much interested in Special Education. Thank you very much for anticipating my request.